Sunday, June 29, 2008

The hills are alive.........

.............. with the sound of music..................

Yesterday afternoon our family was fortunate enough to be able to attend a performance of The Sound of Music at the Brolga Theatre here in Maryborough. The company perfoming it was Savoyards, up from Brisbane where Stu and I lived and met before we were married. They've just finished their season down there and toured the show up here for one special performance (we like to think, just for us..... but it's really because our town happens to have a state of the art theatre :)). In fact, my grandparents founded Savoyards back in the 1960's. They mostly did Gilbert and Sullivan musicals back then, but now do all sorts of classic and more contemporary musicals. 10 years ago (the last time the company did Sound of Music), I played Liesl and Stuart played Rolf! Very romantic indeed it was, as we were dating at the time and madly in love at the tender ages of 17 and 18. Ahhhh......

Anyway, it was great to take the children to the theatre once again and expose them to a passion of ours. They are getting to love it too!! William slept through the whole show which was great for me (though my arms were like lead by the end of it). Isn't he gorgeous? 5 weeks old already!


And here are the promised pics of Medieval Day. The children did rotational activities like crown making, family crests, cooking some traditional medieval style food, jousting, etc. etc. through the day. Great fun!!




Stuart in his attire. Funny how it suits him. I often think we were born in the wrong era!! Either Medieval times or the Edwardian era for me................



Will managed to sleep through lots of the noise. Gotta love newborns for their portability!!

Happy Sunday everyone. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was interesting to learn a bit about your family history, and also to see pics of your darling children. William is indeed gorgeous, and I love Saraya's flowing medieval dress. Medieval days sound very fun!

Renata said...

I love the sound of music!! - can I come too???
It looks like you guys had great fun for your medieval day! I have a sister who is into all that & she volunteers at the Abby museum occasionally! Hope you are enjoying your holidays!
Renata :)

Theresa said...

I love the overalls you have William in, they look like a Bentley garment, I remember Nathaniel wearing them. They were my favourite. Glad to see you having some lovely days out and about.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin