Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Will we ever get well?


Wow, this Winter has surely hit hard. EVERYONE in town is sick with something. There are several tummy bugs going around, as well as a variety of coughs and colds and flus. The classes out as school are only half-full most days.
I work hard to keep my family healthy, and we usually manage to escape these Winter blues.... but not this year! Elijah and Stu and currently fine, Saraya is recovering well though still has a lingering cough.......... my throat however is quite sore, especially through the night, and my sinuses are all congested. Could be worse, and I'm eating everything good I can get my hands on and taking extra vitamins, and willing it to go away before it manifests! I don't have time to get sick. Poor little William is still struggling along, in fact this afternoon his nose seemed to block up again. One of his eyes is weepy and his nose is actually running this time - last week it was just congested inside, with nothing running out. Is it a new virus or just an extension of last week's?
Please pray for him, just that he'll get better quickly and that we won't have to end up back in hospital or needing antibiotics etc. etc. I hate seeing my tiny bub unwell!!
Stay well everyone. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor William! Poor all of you!

We went through this same thing last winter. At least one of us was sick at any given time from October through April. It was very discouraging.

Just wanted to mention...one of my readers suggested getting a neti pot to help with sinus congestion. It's basically just this contraption that allows you to poor warm water in your nostrils, which helps keep them cleared out. We got one at Wal-Mart, and it really does help. You might want to ask your doctor or pharmacist (chemist? not sure what you call them there :) whether you could use one on baby William to help him breathe better.

Here's a link with more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Nasal_irrigation

Praying for health for all of you!

Renata said...

I agree, this winter is finding everyone unwell & it's only just started. I hope you recover soon & also baby William - it's terrible when babies get sick (for both mum & baby). We've had more than our fair share of illness, although we are fine at the moment, but there is 2 awful flu's going around. I'll pray for you guys!
Renata :)

Theresa said...

We are praying for you and your family. Remembering He is in control and your faithfulness reaches to the heavens, the Lord knows the desires of your heart and will protect you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin