Friday, October 3, 2008

6 Random Facts

Renata tagged me for this meme "6 Random Facts about me". I was actually going to post some random bits tonight, so I'll combine the two and call this "6 Random Facts about my day".

1. We put the cot up for William. The two little boys enjoyed having a cuddle and watching the mobile above them for awhile. Very cute!



2. William and ELijah's room is basically done. I'm not sure if I'm happy with the layout yet; still fiddling with that but I'm happy with how it looks. Except maybe a blue overload?? It just sort-of happened that way!




3. This is Saraya writing a plan for decorating a pair of shoes. She has written a list of what she needs, and here is tracing round the shoe to draw a design of it on paper. Tomorrow we are all going to the birthday party of one of Stuart's prep children...... it's a clown party, a costume party. So today Stu picked up a pair of $2 shoes from an op shop for Saraya, and they decorated them tonight before she went to bed. I like the way she plans things out on paper first!! She's always done this. I like how they turned out.




4. Today Elijah wanted to paint. I find I so often say "no", so today I said "yes". He worked away for awhile and created two masterpieces for his bedroom wall. All this before packing up and walking to town to do the grocery shopping. Stu and Saraya were out at Prep; school goes back on Monday so Stu was out there planning. Saraya was playing. I mean helping. :) They picked us up from town late afternoon. It was a nice, full day.



5. We've been watching a series on the ABC called "Life at 1". It's following the lives of 10 families over 7 years. Amazing. Last night's episode was studying the health of kids, specifically the risks of becoming overweight and obese. It was interesting timing because Stuart and I have been thinking loads about health lately. Neither of us are really overweight but just want to be much much healthier and fitter than we are. Funny though, in thinking all this through we were thinking of our own bodies and not so much about role-modeling for the children. Now that's at the forefront of my mind. We feel determined to be more active, not just for us but for them!! (Hence the unnecessary walk to town today. I actually love walking with my children, just need to allocate the extra time for it). Stu has recently joined the gym and is enjoying getting into that. I'm still dealing with the whole migraine issue, so am taking it easy just walking nearly every day and really watching what I eat. I've completely cut out caffeine and am cutting right down on wheat. I think it's helping.


6. Hmmm..... a 6th random fact? I'll choose a photo taken a few days back.



We have a sandbox in the backyard and Saraya and Elijah had a blast in it the other day, burying the hose under mountains of sand and watching the water spurt up. They kept trying to stop the flow, and were in fits of laughter about it gushing out every which way! BTW, is that a tiger in our sandpit????

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boys' room looks lovely, and I love the picture of Elijah painting in his underpants!

I always say no to painting too, because of the mess, but I think I'll take a cue from you and say yes this weekend!

jazzy cat said...

Hey! Sorry to hear you're still getting migraines! I thought it was just the once -but if continually that's no fun at all! I love the look of the boys room too. How funny, we are also watching the same series on ABC - it's great! Even though we have no children we still enjoying seeing how the many interactions influence a child in their development and just each families different story. Funnily enough though, have you noticed how despite most things, in the end, the child develops well over time?! It seemingly is more time and maturation related rather than cortisol or any other indicator can predict!

AndrewWrites said...

"BTW" - you hard core Blogger, you!

Renata said...

Thanks for playing along. The boys room looks great -you've done an excellent job! Love the pic of both boys in the cot - they're going to be so close as they grow up!

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

How much do I love that Saraya not only decorates her shoes but made a plan?!!! Future designer...she's too cute, Saminda!

I love these pics- and what a cute kids' bedroom!!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin