Monday, November 17, 2008

Things that make me happy.......

So many little things were lovely over the weekend.

* A spontaneous shopping trip on Saturday morning with the 5 of us, to pick up a few on-sale items, some early Christmas gifts (oh how I love book stores!), morning tea in the food court (a rare and enjoyable treat)....... and to pick up a certain "boxed item" which will see Stu out with torch and spanner on Christmas Eve!!  (any guesses?)

* A very quiet Saturday afternoon with William as Stu headed up to the Bay with the older children, for a swim.  Precious time with my baby!  Oh, and a late walk at dusk.  And a sandwich for tea.

* Another spontaneous surprise yesterday morning.  We arrived at the theatre to drop Stu off for his initial "meet and greet" day for Wizard of Oz, and discovered we were an hour early.  What could we do for that hour?  We ended up at the big M for coffee while the children had a play.  Yippee for some couple time!  

* While Stu was having a ball yesterday (a good break for him from movie-editing and report-card-writing), the children and I baked our Christmas cake.  This is one of my most favourite things to do all year, and I always look forward to it.  I was grateful the children were really helpful (I usually do it on my own)......... though after the smell of the cake baking for 3 hours filled our entire home, they were a little disappointed we aren't cutting it until Christmas Eve!! :(

* A weeded flower bed as of yesterday afternoon.  The relief I'm feeling over that one is great!  I'll try to get to the nursery this week to fill the gaps between seedlings with some pretty things.  And lettuces.

*  TV time with Stu last night.  Grand Final of Australian Idol next week!

* A storm last night !  Some good good rain.

* And today is Monday which means I am at home.  And I love to be at home.
It's still a little rainy and I can still smell the fruity Christmas cake smell lingering.  Elijah and I have just done some marble paintings for Christmas gifts.  He's been wondering what he can gift people and was happy with this idea!  Rest time is coming and if Will sleeps I will too. 

SO, all in all, I am one happy Mamma today.

Hope you're having a good one too! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds perfect to me!

Thanks for the book recommendations. I'm going to call my library this morning to see what they can get for me through inter-library loan.

I love your header picture. It's so sweet.

Hope you get a bit of a nap today :)

Renata said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Hope you got your rest. I'm guessing (to the parcel you said to guess what it is) a swing set! - or trampoline! You are so organised already making your Christmas cake - I really should get my fruit on soaking. Thanks for sharing your weekend.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin