Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm back........

Just a quick note to say I am back.

I am so so so tired; the train trips were long and exhausting!  William did pretty well though, considering the tiny seat space we had and the length of the trip.

Just wanted to let you know that I went fine through the MRI (sang Les Mis in my head, actually!), and that the results showed I am OK.  No infarction or vascular disease, no tumour; nothing major going on, which is really wonderful news.  I feel relieved!

SO..... the neurologist has put the symptoms down to my migraines.  In some very rare people, an "aura" like the one I have can continue on for a long time.  I still continue to get a migraine headache a few times a month.  Because I am breastfeeding, and because I prefer not to take medications if I can avoid it, he hasn't prescribed anything as yet.  I need to keep a journal of sorts, and go back to see him mid-year.  In the meantime, I'm to try Riboflavin (vitamin B2) as it apparently works as a migraine prevention in some people.  Here's hoping I'm one of them!  Also, according to the neurologist I need to try to get as much sleep as possible.  Sleep-deprivation is a migraine trigger.  This is funny- as you know, I do kind-of need a decent night's sleep  (refer to All I want for Christmas is...........)  So I have some strategies to try, to improve the sleep I am getting.  Or rather, not getting.  More on that in the coming weeks.

Nice times with my Mum.  We managed a cup of tea and a coffee in between appointments and train departure times!  I miss you already Mum. :(  
Thanks for your prayers everyone, I hope you're having a great week thus far.

4 comments:

Renata said...

I'm glad you got some good results - hope you can get some good rest & maybe these headaches will go away! I've been reading your blog - looks like you've been having a lovely time on the holidays (well except the MRI).

Anonymous said...

It was lovely to have the time with you Min. I got up this morning and wished I could drop by for a cuppa. It's just as well I don't live in Maryborough as I would be visiting ALL the time. Much love, Mum

jazzy cat said...

Great news! Here's hoping your new tricks work for a better nights sleep!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're OK! My husband gets migraines too, and he finds that the only thing that helps him is sleep. He used to take a medication called Imitrex, and it helped the headache, but he didn't like all the side effects.

I hope you get some sleep...we aren't getting any around here because Cakes has decided that she's scared of the dark now. It's always something isn't it?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin