Saturday, April 18, 2009

Feeding the ducks and looking at houses

The afternoon that the children and I arrived home from our *break away*, Stuart took them out to Ululah Lagoon to feed the ducks and geese and black swans, while I unpacked and got myself resettled.  I love the simple beauty in these photos Stuart took that day.  It makes me wish I was there with them!




A few friends and family members have been asking me how we're going.

Firstly, thanks so much for praying for us and loving us!  I have really felt so supported during these tricky few months.  Friends and family can do so much for helping you feel heard and understood and cared for.

And I'm happy to say that we are doing well.

It's different to how I imagined coming home might be, in my idealist mind.......... we haven't had the deep emotionally connecting conversations I'd hoped for........... but I am feeling so much more positive, and God is using all this to teach us both so much about each other.  As of today, I feel closer to Stuart than I have in a long time.  I put this down to God's grace, prayer, plus a concerted effort from the two of us over the past 2 weeks.  We've been on Autumn break which has helped so much- lots of time to just *be*.  I know for sure that I love him more than I can say, and we are both dedicated to making our marriage the best it can be!  Lots of hard work ahead, but I now know that that's the case for most couples....... we are normal, I am normal.  And I am so thankful for him.
-----------------------------------------------------

What have we been doing over the holidays?  Well, pottering mostly. :)  Saraya announced two weeks ago that she really really doesn't like sleeping in a room on her own, and would like to move back in with the boys!  We thought it through, and decided to shift things around again...... lots of mess for a few days, but we got there and it actually looks good.  I'll try to post some photos soon.  The spare room is now "spare" again, and will be used as a guest room, craft room and study.

Today we all spent a few hours looking around at houses.  It was great fun and interesting too (I'm so voyeuristic :))......... lots of thoughts running through our heads!  Oh, the possibilities. The children were so good, and really enjoyed the whole process too.  We're going to be working hard over the next few weeks, sorting and purging and tidying and finishing etc. etc. - just to be prepared to list our home if and when we want to.   It's emotional and overwhelming - and somewhat exciting too!  What an adventure!

Tomorrow is the last day of the holidays. :(  This makes all of us a bit sad.  Even as I sit here and type, Stuart is sitting and doing class planning.  Saraya especially is quite adamant that Monday is most definitely NOT a school day......  hmmmm.  We'll see how we go. :)  Uniforms to iron, schoolbag to air out, lunchbox ideas to run through my head, etc tomorrow.  And then, the grand final of So You Think You Can Dance tomorrow night - yippee!!!!  Go Ben!!!  Go Amy!!!

Have a great Sunday everyone! :)

3 comments:

Theresa said...

I am glad to hear that you have had such and enjoyable time at home with everyone for the holidays. It is always refreshing to break from routine and as you said just *be*.
Thinking of you...

jazzy cat said...

Wonderful news! All of it!

Renata said...

I thought the final is next week. Amy is my favourite as well - she's amazing!
Glad everything's going well - our kids are still on school holidays - not that it's going to be so traumatic in term time anymore - just busy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin