Some steps we're taking:
* Playing string music in our home many times through the week. Our current favourite is "Classical Dreams", recorded by a little group we actually saw play live while we were in London back in 2005. Features favourites such as "Spring" by Vivaldi (Saraya's current favourite composer) and Pachabel's Canon.
* Leaving books on music, orchestras, instrument groups etc. lying around the house. She's taking a keen interest in these, and bringing Elijah with her!
* Speaking of the violin as "her instrument". Letting her feel she already owns it, even though she hasn't begun playing yet. Visiting the violins in the window of the Music Shop in town. Elijah visits the drum kit. :)
* Stopping to hear others play. A blind lady playing violin was busking at the markets last week. She played beautifully, and really impressed the children. After they dropped some money in her case and walked slowly away, Saraya proclaimed that "one day, I WILL play just like that lady!"
* Just encouraging her. And obviously, buying her the violin she is dreaming of. I'm thinking perhaps for her birthday this year. Perhaps. :)