Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's still Pre-Labour


Well, I have just woken up after a really great sleep (hooray!- even William slept well) and haven't heard anything from Cathy since last night. This means she is still at home, and that the contractions still haven't kicked into that next stage. I'm hoping actually that they've been few and far between and Cathy too has had a night of good sleep.

A long pre-labour can be hard. I have had them with all three of my children. BUT!! I know she will get through this and this sweet baby will come when she's ready! I'm so happy for Cathy that she has put off going to the hospital too early. Nothing worse than sitting around up there with staff hovering over you, putting the subtle pressure on for labour to "speed up". Every woman and every labour is individual and the very idea of 'dilating one centimeter every hour' is terrible to put on to every woman!!! Cathy and I knew yesterday (despite many runs of long and intense contractions, irregular contractions) that she was still in pre-labour so she has had the peaceful experience of labouring at home thus far, surrounded by her family, in her own bed. :) She's been able to get lots and lots of rest which will help her body so much when the next phase begins.

Anyway, I could go on and on about this but I won't! Just thought I'd share a couple of photos of Cathy with Chloe and Declan I took yesterday morning.

Hope everyone is having a good week! I'm planning to spend lots of quiet time with my kiddies today - unless of course Cathy progresses, in which case I'll be over there and the kids will be visiting with friends! Either way it will be a nice sunny day! Happy Thursday. :) And thanks so much for your continued prayers.

3 comments:

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

Oh how I agree with you Saminda about staying at home for as long as possible, especially when you are experiencing pre-labour, there is nothing more discouraging than hearing that you are only 1 or 2 cm. I would rather not know. I'm planning to stay at home for as long as possible for this next baby. A home birth looks out of the question. I have not booked in at the hospital yet and I'm dreading the appointment as I know I'm already going to be categorized high risk for being over 40 and having had the twins by c-section. I'm praying that they take into account the fact that I birthed all my other children naturally with no complications.
Cathy is very blessed to have your support. I will remember you both in prayer.

~Amanda said...

I am praying for Cathy, her pregnancy team and her children. I have never pre-laboured... All 4 of my labours kicked in very quickly and were not at all lengthy. From beginning to end, my longest was 9 hours and the shortest 1.5 hours! I can't imagine what it is like to pre-labour so long! Cathy is definitely in my prayers and totally blessed to have such wonderful support! I would love to have a home birth (I am 21 weeks pregnant with #5!), but it seems unlikely for me. However, I too stay away from the hospital as long as possible. Much better at home in familiar surroundings. I'm glad you're remembering to take care of you as well as Cathy. So important that the support person is not worn out. Blessings and looking forward to hearing of the safe arrival!

Smilie girl said...

Yes, we are all individuals, and a good thing too! Hope Cathy enjoys the journey.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin