I love that he doesn't tell them - or me for that matter - where they are going. Such suspense! There are usually a few 'jobs' to do in town, then something fun that only he would ever do with the children. Papa Day has truly become a highlight for everyone, and I cherish that he cares enough to invest such precious time for them. And me.
Some pleasures I have enjoyed this morning:
* Catching up on the washing. All done!
* Reading several chapters of Good Wives. In the sunshine, on the windowseat.
* Utter, total, complete peace and quiet.
* Reading more old posts on my favourite blog right now, Pleasantview Schoolhouse. Slowly reading through Anna's posts from 2006 onwards has been so enriching!
* Printing out 2 new recipes to try today. Homemade Granola Bars are in the oven, and Straightforward Asian Soup will be in the pot in a few hours time.
* Spending a bit of time watching the chooks after feeding them. Collecting 3 more warm eggs to pop in the basket with the other 30. Still getting 4-6 eggs a day! Somehow managing to eat them all, giving a few dozen away here and there.
* Relishing a full hour practising at my piano. That will be the highlight of this day. I am desperate to play more and being realistic, Saturday mornings is just the best time to do it.
* Knowing my family will be home soon, full of stories to tell me.