Saturday, September 19, 2009

IT'S HOLIDAYS!!

Do I sound excited? I am!!! Stuart has had so much on this last week of term we've hardly seen him ........... but now things can slow down for all of us. Two weeks together, yay!!!

Yesterday we had a day at home, which started with Stuart dressing for work - in his pirate suit. Of course. :) Remember this post? See, he really is a pirate!!! Okay, not really. Today is "Talk Like a Pirate Day" in Australia and yesterday he had some activities running with the Prep children, treasure hunts and things like that. So he wore his pirate costume. ;) Any excuse!

Don't the crutches make it look so authentic?!

Saraya and Elijah helped me clean the house from top to bottom and turned the whole thing into a game of Cinderella. Saraya was Cinder-ella and Elijah apparently was Cinder-matthew. :) These guys just crack me up! He eventually became Prince Charming and this photo is of them dancing at the ball (see the glass slipper made from a Coles catalogue?)

William also helped with the dusting.

And played with the train set naked.

No, not another poo incident thankfully! Just a little boy who loves the chance to play clothes-free whenever I'll let him.

Elijah spent some time playing Reader Rabbit on the computer.

And Saraya worked away on an art and writing project.

We went to playgroup in the afternoon, and the children wore their swimmers. Don't ask why, because I don't know. :) I think they just found them in the linen cupboard and got all excited about summer coming! Here they are doing their swimming pose. And yes, Elijah is wearing Saraya's old swim shorts.....

The linen cupboard door got left open. So William unpacked the entire bottom couple of shelves for me. Hmmmmm.
Then kindly offered to help me put it all back.

After dinner the two boys played a very noisy game in the front room with the inflatable car (thanks Grandad, the kids still love it!) but Saraya was oblivious to everything around her. She was reading, and when she's reading she hears nothing, including my voice. :) Not that I'm complaining. I couldn't be happier that she loves reading so much!

And today is Saturday and the sky is glorious and we're on our spring holiday and I'm thankful.

"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart;
..... and praise your name
for your love and your faithfulness,
for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.

The Lord will fulfil his purpose for me;
your love, O Lord, endures for ever-
do not abandon the works of your hands." Psalm 138

2 comments:

Tereza said...

What sweet children! The naked picture made me crack up:)

jazzy cat said...

Looks like fun times ahead me hearty! Saraya reminds me of the old days at home, when Mum would call and I would be oblivious, engrossed as Saraya was, in a book. Ah reading, what great escapes....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin