I woke up this morning feeling a bit overwhelmed and frustrated but decided to tackle my frustrations head-on. You may remember I have quoted Heather on this before, but she once wrote "It's not the things we do that make us tired, it's the things we don't do." I love that!! It's incredibly true for me.
So today I:
* Prayed. A lot. :)
* Cleaned the bathroom and toilet
* Changed the sheets on all 4 beds
* Washed, hung and folded 3 loads of laundry
* Mowed the lawns (usually Stu's job, but he has a broken toe......)
* Cleaned out the chicken coop (VERY overdue and quite disgusting, also usually Stu's job)
* Vacuumed the floors
* Mopped the floors for the first time in......... um, awhile ;)
* Swept the patio
* Tidied the backyard of toys etc.
* Cooked dinner
And you know, looked after 3 children all day, who thankfully were very co-operative, helpful and independent for most of the day. I talked to them. Cuddled them. Bathed them. Made a few snacks here and there. Directed their activity. Answered phone calls. Gave William his milk. Had a friend over this afternoon - our little ones played and we all were besotted with their new puppy!! We get to puppy-sit him for a week in October.
A good day. I am physically exhausted but not as tired mentally as I have been this week. So much has been crossed off the household to-do list and we have a nice weekend ahead of us. Hope yours is too!! :)