It is Monday, and yet Stuart doesn't have to go to work - hooray!
It is Easter Monday and Stuart doesn't have to go to work for the next 2 weeks - double hooray!!
It is wonderful. It is at these moments that I am thankful he is a school teacher. I forget about the difficulties we face during term - all the distractions, the 10 hour work days, 5 days a week, and the staying up late planning and the weekend work projects ........ and I am just thankful he has these holidays.
Typical Saminda fashion, I sat down with my coffee this morning and made my Holiday List. If you're anything like me, you may enjoy seeing my list. :)
* All mowing / whippersnipping (Stuart.. and almost done! Well, the mowing anyway. He's on the last bit now. 3 and a half hours in.....)
* Build a chook run extension for our expanding flock (Stuart..)
* Get haircuts (Stu and I)
* Fertilize fruit trees
* Create a pumpkin patch
* Lots more planting in the garden!
* Change kids' rooms around ?
* Catch up with friends
* Go to the pool for a swim
* Playdate with friends
* BBQ's and Camp fire nights
* Go to the beach
* Extra meals / bread baking / other baking to freeze for during term
* Empty linen cupboard and plastics cupboard, clean out and re-sort
* Empty craft cupboard, clean out and re-sort
* Sort out all the children's dress-ups and present them better
* Visit the book library
* Return toys to the toy library
* Try out some new recipes
* Clean not-so-clean areas of the house
* Use Easter gift money to take the children on the Mary Valley Rattler ? (old steam train, never done this before but always wanted to!)
* Planning for homeschooling Term 2 (not too much to do, just want to be organised)
So that's my list! Not sure what Stuart's looks like but it's always fun to sit together and chat about what we'll do with the holidays. The possibilities always seem endless, and yet the days always fly by. I know he'll spend time out at work these holidays too, but still we'll see lots of him and that makes me happy. :)
There will be lots of moments like this one this afternoon! Something special the children didn't know the mower could do...........
Hehe, this was Will this morning after an hour with Stu on the mower ..... yes, we were pretty surprised he went to sleep ....... though I guess it is a moving vehicle and being on the mower with his Papa is probably his favourite place in the world to be. So maybe it's a natural place to fall asleep. :) Anyway, it was cute!
Thank you Stu for being a wonderful father to our children. We love and appreciate you so much!!