Thursday, April 8, 2010

Head Colds, No Sleep, and a Frog

Today has been one of those days.

William has come down with a head cold and decided to spend about 5 hours of the night sitting up next to me in our bed, telling me about his runny nose ("nose, un-y, gen") and asking me to wipe it every 30 seconds. He also talked about Papa and the mower and the rain and babies and chickens and the children and the light and the dark and the moon. And asked me to get up ("Up, Mama, Up!") about 200 times.

So needless to say, today I am beyond exhausted. I think all up I slept for about an hour, and even that was broken into 2-minute intervals.

And I have spent the day today sourcing out fruit and veg at the markets, baking bread, making lunches, cleaning and doing lots and lots of washing. Which has put me in a not-so-nice mood. Which is why I'm sitting here, at the computer, and everyone else has gone far, far away to do other things. Away from cranky Mama.

But! I'm sure you don't want to hear any more about my I'm going to be 30 in a few weeks and am tired and emotional and have a toilet-training toddler with a cold and I'm about to have a small nervous break-down moment.

So instead I'll show you photos of my children, outdoors, enjoying nature in the form of a beautiful green tree frog, last night!


He was a gorgeous little guy. Saraya found him on the front verandah after dinner, and all 3 children rushed to the tap to wet their hands so they could touch him.

Well, I'm off to make afternoon tea, finish my bread making, and pray for sufficient grace to make it through until bedtime!!

4 comments:

Christy said...

oh Saminda! I'm so hearing you!! I've had one of those days too. Head colds and toilet training Jesse and teething Baby Tessa and nothing seemed to go right! Glad they are all in bed now....and hope your cherubs are too. I'm praying for a 100% top up of patience and a good nights sleep to boot for both of us :D And tomorrow is a new day...

~Amanda in Vic. said...

(((HUGS))) I totally understand your day! I pray for refreshing sleep for you tonight. And God's grace IS sufficient!

Many blessings
~Amanda.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for William's head cold to clear up quickly and for momma to wake up on the sunny side of the bed tomorrow refreshed and raring to go!

Cool tree frog.

Anonymous said...

Poor little William, and poor you!
I felt tired just reading about your night.

Don't worry about turning 30! You're not getting older, you're getting better! (That's what I tell myself on every birthday :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin