Thursday, July 1, 2010

Home Safe and Sound


2 wonderful days away. Lots and lots and lots of laughing. And definitely some crying too. :) And praying. It was absolute therapy for me, this little time away. Just what I needed. And time with Kate is always a blessing. She is a wonderful friend.

We spent a day in Brisbane city with Kate's friend Jane, had lunch at Southbank (see the size of that beer?!?! I hadn't even had a beer in a couple of years.... and didn't quite make it through this one, though it tasted great!) and caught the Citycat (a very fast water taxi) to New Farm Park. There we drank coffee and sat among the roses in the gardens and talked...... lovely.

Tuesday we headed to Boonah to visit some of Kate's family, truly beautiful people. And we had a long drive home that night during which time we talked (some more ;)) and sang our hearts out to the Wicked soundtrack (to which I am still chronically obsessed), many times over.

I feel like I need to do this more often! Not just want to, but need to. I felt so rejuvenated coming home... and Stuart did such a great job here. The children were happy to see me, and I was happy to see them. All round, an excellent experience!!!
____________________________________

And now we are on school holidays until the end of next week. Stu has some work to do for school (as always..), but we're getting some stuff done on the home front as well. And the children are loving having their Papa around. :)

I will be thinking lots about how to manage things better next term, avoiding the burnout I started to experience last term. I'm looking forward to getting some ideas on paper. I'm such a list lover!

Hope everyone's week has been a happy one.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like a lovely time! I thought of you the other day when I checked the book "Eight Cousins, or The Aunt Hill" by Louisa May Alcott out of the library.

Vic said...

I'm so pleased you had a great trip, exactly what you needed and deserved! Vic xx

Jen said...

Sounds like you checked off a couple of things off my list. Glad you have returned refreshed.

Best wishes
Jen in NSW

Smilie girl said...

Wonderful times! Hope you are enjoying the school holidays.

From the kitchens of friends said...

Glad you had a refreshing time! We're in Bris at the moment - and New Farm!! Was the playground closed when you were here? Our kids were sooo looking forward to coming to their favourite playground but we'll have to wait till next time:(
I realise rehearsals are gobbling up lots of weekend time for you; and L and I are still recuperating (don't want to pass on yucky throats, coughs etc to you, especially at this crucial time)so I'm wondering if we could catch up after school next week? Will call soon.
Hugs,
Cathy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin