Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wonderful, Wonderful Books!

  • The written word teaches, it takes us on great adventures, it inspires, blesses, encourages and challenges us. Throughout last year I read some wonderful books. I've been adding them to a list on my sidebar throughout the year, and before deleting it and starting a new one, I thought I'd post it to my blog. Let me know if there are any titles you're interested in, would like a review on, or would like to know more about! Oh, and Happy New Year everyone! Christmas and holiday posts / photos coming up!

  • The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo
  • Simple Secrets to a Beautiful Home by Emilie Barnes
  • Bookends by Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Shack by William P. Young
  • Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott
  • Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott
  • The Diary of Anne Frank
  • Simplifying Parenting by Kim John Payne
  • Atonement by Ian McEwan
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  • Embrace Grace by Liz Curtis Higgs
  • Dancing With My Father by Sally Clarkson
  • Teaching Montessori in the Home by Elizabeth G. Hainstock
  • Here Burns My Candle by Liz Curtis Higgs
  • Grace in Thine Eyes by Liz Curtis Higgs
  • Outdoor Kids - A Practical Guide for Kids in the Garden by Jamie Durie
  • More About Rebecca by Kate Douglas Wiggin
  • Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin
  • Kilmeny of the Orchard by L.M.Montgomery
  • One Million Arrows by Julie Ferwerda
  • Mitten Strings for God by Katrina Kenison
  • The Secret History by Donna Tartt
  • Beatrix Potter - A Life in Nature by Linda Lear
  • Sharing Nature with Children by Joseph Cornell
  • The Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola
  • Lessons at Blackberry Inn by Karen Andreola
  • Anne of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery
  • The Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
  • Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austin
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

3 comments:

Nicola said...

Oh my goodness! More books to look for at the library!
I wanted to tell you I think of you often when I am musing about schooling, which is often lately.
Your comments on my blog have soothed me more than you can know.
Be well and happy new year!
Nicola

Theresa said...

Love the new family photo Saminda and the black and white one down further. Were they only recently taken? Could you blog about them please as I wanted to have a closer look but it would not let me.
And by the way that is an impressive list on books!

Smilie girl said...

I love books too! Have read some of them, but not all.
Love the new photo.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin