Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Another Favourite


As always with this novel, I was reluctant to come to the end of it.

17th Century Holland.

An Artist.

A maid.

The classes, the colours, the bitter winter cold.

A fabulous story, aptly told, a world from which I never wanted to escape.

Highly Recommended.


Note: For some, there may be parts which are offensive to read. Nothing dreadful, but still I thought I should mention it. Some "adult themes", I guess. Very subtle, but they're there. This is one author's interpretation of a fictitious story behind Vermeer's fine painting, Girl With a Pearl Earring.

2 comments:

Shonni said...

This looks interesting...thanks for sharing

Smilie girl said...

Thanks for the book reviews. I've seen this book around but it never grabbed me. Now I might just check it out.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin