Saturday, July 23, 2011

New Home Tour - My Kitchen


It's where I spend most of my time (even the laptop lives on the kitchen bench!), so I was so thrilled to discover this house had a brand new kitchen. Yup. Never been used by anyone before me. :)

It's practical, has heaps of cupboard space, an electric cook top, a one drawer dishwasher (yay), and it's the warmest room in the house on these cold winter mornings (double yay!).


I love this feature. It's meant for pretty plates, but since I don't collect those, I've used it to display my favourite cook books!

The view outside my kitchen into the backyard where the children play. It's the one clear glass panel in the house, and I'm thankful for it! I like being able to see out. :) There is a fabulous climbing tree (mango) in the back corner, and the one covered in pink blossoms is a peach tree. Hoping to get some fruit off it in the summer. More of the backyard tomorrow!

8 comments:

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

What a lovely kitchen! A great idea to display your favourite cook books - I'm guessing you are a fan of Jamie!

Linden said...

Lovely! Absolutely perfect for you! <3 I'm so happy you have such a wonderful kitchen to muss about in. :)

Light and grace
Laura

Melanie said...

Saminda, What a blessing to have a new, light and airy kitchen, and an ergonomic dishwasher(that doesn't take forever to unload - yes, I have one of those ones). The view to the backyard is also charming - a great place to sit, open mail etc and have a cuppa. :)

Kimmie said...

Love your new kitchen. And love your display shelf!

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Smilie girl said...

What a beautiful kitchen and a lovely home.
I love peach blossom and peaches even more. Hope you get to enjoy plenty of fruit.

Anonymous said...

I am in love with the flooring in your kitchen!! Like the openness and airiness and that window with the backyard view is an added bonus. I am sure you will enjoy many hours in that kitchen.

Heather said...

I just love a bright, cheerful kitchen like yours! Lovely :)

Renata said...

How blessed you are to have a brand new kitchen to use!! It looks lovely & I can imagine the fun you are going to have there baking for your precious darlings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin