I'm sorry everyone - I said I was back on the blog, but have remained a rather non-existent blogger! Here is a catch-up type post on what's happening here in our lives.
* It is Easter Holidays. We are at the end of the first of two weeks holiday. This week we have been at home, and next week we will be away. It has been nice to be all together again (though the big two children are missing school!)
* I am still recovering from The Music Man. It has been a genuine time of grief for me - hard to explain unless you have been through this yourself. But I am working through this time with lots of prayer, good friends, and chocolate...
* The Music Man was a huge success! It covered the newspapers and headlines these past weeks, and the Theatre is already discussing what next year's musical may be. "My Fair Lady" seems to be the current favourite.
* We have a very positive lead on our house - a couple came through last weekend, and loved it. We are hoping to receive an offer tomorrow - please pray! It has been a long, difficult six months waiting for a buyer and I am praying these are the people we've been waiting for.
* We are house hunting again, after losing the last two homes we had under contract.
* The children, chickens and kittens are all well, thriving and happy. :) The garden, however, is sorely neglected.
* I had a very successful night on Tuesday - participating in a vocal 'Master Class', in which I had to sing "Think of Me" (Phantom) and "Show Me" (My Fair Lady) - in front of about 40 people at the theatre, and be critiqued by the current Adjudicator of the QLD Eisteddfod. It was daunting to say the least!! However, her critique was helpful and very positive. I came away feeling empowered and inspired to further pursue my singing more seriously.
* Tonight we fed the children early, and I'm about to sing and pray with Saraya then make Stuart and I a "grown up" dinner. We rarely do this and I thought it would be nice to sit together and chat.
* I received a Photo CD from The Music Man with about 200 professional photos on it, yesterday. Seeing them all brought all the memories pouring back! Here are a few for your interest....
'Harold' and 'Marian' - this one was used as the full page promotional photo in our regional newspaper.
Program head shots...
This one was also in the paper - myself with 'Mrs Paroo' and younger brother 'Winthrop'.
Full cast photo.
More to come, and I'm looking forward to catching up on all your blogs soon too!