* I am feeling much much better than I was a week or so ago. So much has been going on..... I just needed to pray, to slow down, to have some good talks with my husband, and things are feeling better. Not health-wise (we've all been sick!), but spiritually and emotionally better.
* Homeschooling has been slow and steady this week. We did a huge maths component, some science and a whole lot of reading. Saraya hasn't been well, so we've been resting a lot too. We watched Mary Poppins. Again. ;)
* In our reading piles: I am reading The Secret Garden (unabridged) to the children and we are all LOVING it. The children know the musical well, and so the story is familiar to them already. It is beautifully written and I would highly recommend it. Stuart may be starting The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe with them next week. Eek! They are growing up so fast. And I am re-reading Wuthering Heights (for myself), one of my favourite classics. Next on my pile is Atonement by Ian McEwan. Stuart is re-reading The Silmarillion by Tolkien.
* My little brother turns 21 today!!! We are off to his party tonight. He also announced last Sunday that he and his girlfriend are engaged! They have been friends since they were 11 - she is absolutely lovely. Very exciting. :)
* Stuart's big sister had a baby this week also, baby Ezra. Hooray for another nephew to love!
* Piano teaching is going so well, I am going to take on a couple more students. Lots of positive feedback from the children, they seem to be enjoying themselves which makes me very happy.
* Eisteddfod planning commences in earnest on Monday. We have 5 songs to get polished and costumes to organise before the 2nd of August!
* Our kittens Molly and Slinky Malinki are growing so much, and are so loved. I feel very blessed to have them in our family. :) Great decision.
* The garden is sorely neglected lately, though potatoes seem to be doing very well - hopefully there are some developing below all that mulch..... The tops look great!
* My dear friend Kate left last night for Victoria. :( Parting was hard, but I pray the time away will be wonderful for her. And we do get to look after her car while she is gone (could be 6 weeks, could be 6 months....) which is a little bonus! It will be such a help to have a 2nd vehicle.
I need to go pack. Will hopefully have some nice family photos to put up next week. Have a great weekend everyone. xx