Saturday, February 27, 2010

Creativity and Enthusiasm

"Enthusiasm is excitement, with inspiration, motivation, and a pinch of creativity". Bo Bennet

I love, love, love this quote!! And I wholeheartedly agree with it.

So on that note, the "pinch of creativity" took place yesterday afternoon, after rest time and before a very loooong nature walk (1 hour 15 minutes to be exact! - fun and exhausting!):



I like Saraya's ladybird!

And Elijah's sunset.

I stretched my creativity by tampering a bit with a Jamie Oliver Chicken Curry recipe - and it worked! Just added a few extra veggies, including some chopped pumpkin which gave it a nice texture and extra sweetness.


A picture of me, by Elijah! Love that I'm holding a real flower!

A picture of me, cooking, by Saraya - indeed, I feel like I'm always cooking so it's not surprising she depicts me like this ;) .....

And a banner Saraya and I made for fun the other day.
It's brightened up a bare wall spot in the children's bedroom really nicely!


The children love to get creative, and so do I. Speaking of which, I'm going to go get creative in the kitchen and do some baking while the rest of the family plays / rides bikes at the park! I've already looked through our new Math-U-See curriculum and planned math for the week. And I hope to fit in a little reading too. :) I love having the house all to myself!!
___________________________________________

And yes Amanda, I will share shortly the resources we are using for homeschooling this year. :)

2 comments:

Amanda. said...

Thank you Saminda!

How funny. My husband and I have been discussing math curriculum and have been considering Math-U-See for nearly a year. We finally decided to definitely go ahead with it, so I am just in the process of ordering!

Blessings,
Amanda in Vic

Renata said...

Looking forward to your homeschool resources list!
I love that picture of you with the real flower - too cute!
I agree sometimes it does feel like I'm always cooking as well - that & washing!
Oh well I wouldn't trade it for anything :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin