Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Mother's Thankful Heart

I recently read a book called "The Power of a Positive Mum" by Karol Ladd. It was a great read. In the book was included this poem, which really lifted me up the day I read it. Thought I'd share it tonight. (forgive the spacing; Blogger isn't behaving and won't let me do it the way I want to!!)

A Mother's Thankful Heart
I come before You Father
To thank you for this life
The blessings you have given me
As a mother and a wife
I'm thankful for my children
As I watch them grow and play
Knowing that each moment
Will live for just today

I'm thankful for the laundry

For the dust to wipe away

I'm thankful for the problems

That make me stop and pray

I'm thankful for my husband's job

The roof above our heads

I'm thankful for our daily food

For the comfort of our beds

I'm thankful for the errands

The phone that always rings

I'm thankful for the tears we cry

For the joy that laughter brings

I'm thankful for our family's love

The way we sit and talk

The simple games we often play

The picnics and the walks

I'm thankful for the little things

That make up every day

For therein lies your love, Lord

And the wonder of your ways

I'm thankful for the memories

That life has brought my way

I count it as a blessing

To be a mother every day.


4 comments:

Suzie said...

Suzh a sweet poem and sweet pics

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful poem, and oh my goodness, such cute children! They're just so darling.

Renata said...

What a lovely poem - thanks for sharing.
BTW I've had so many problems with blogger & spacing as well - it's irritating.

Tereza said...

I haven't been by your blog in a while and am just catching up. What a beautiful poem and what gorgeous, precious children!! I love the new rooms too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin