Monday, October 13, 2008

Our spotty little William


Saturday afternoon William started to get a few spots on his arm.  By today there were many more.  Both the other children had chicken pox last year, and these spots looked a lot like them.


So today I took him to the doctor, and would you believe it, he has the chicken pox.  My little 4 month old with the chicken pox!  My poor sweet bubby.  Apparently it's going around at the moment.  It is nearly 10pm, and he's up sitting on my lap.  He's getting lots of special attention! 


Does he seem worried?  No.  In fact, I'm sure he thinks the whole thing is hilarious.
I on the other hand could sleep for a month.........

And I have NO idea what to do with Stu and Saraya's big birthday party this Saturday.  I can't not be there, but William will still be contagious.  Help!!!!!!!  Any ideas??

5 comments:

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

He is SO cute, Saminda! What gorgeous eyes! I had chicken pox as an infant, too. Praying that he's feeling a-okay soon (and that it doesn't even start to bother him!) and prayers about the party, as well.

Renata said...

He's absolutely adorable! Poor little thing getting chicken pox so young - but then it's better to be younger than an adult (I've had patients in intensive care with them as adults). As for the party, I'm not sure what you could do - can you keep him in his room away from eveyone? - or at a friend's? Can you at least keep him away from the kids & tell the adults not to go near him if they haven't had it?
Hope you sort out a good solution!

Tamra said...

I'll let him play with my kids. They haven't had chicken pox yet. I'd prefer sooner rather than later. =) ooohhhh, didn't we see you less than two weeks ago? Maybe he was contagious when we saw you and the girls might get it anyway!! here's hoping. anyway, let me know if I can keep him somewhere for you.

Anonymous said...

Poor William! The chicken pox are so miserable (though he doesn't seem too bothered so far!) I had them when I was six, and I was so itchy, it just drove me insane!

Is there any way that you can have the party at someone else's house, and have someone who is already immune stay at home with William?

jazzy cat said...

Oh poor little fellow - although you are right, he seems mighty pleased about the whole thing! I still haven't had chicken pox myself! So in a way I am glad we can't make it to the celebrations this weekend! I think those other suggestions were really good - about maybe leaving someone else to care for him at your place or in a room somewhere while you go out to the party? Hard I know! Unless you just pre-warned everyone and if all OK and have had chicken pox then you can bring William along!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin