Thursday, November 6, 2008

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas........

I know it's only November, but just today it feels like Christmas is right around the bend.  I feel that adrenalin I always get at this time of year, building towards Christmas time.  Yes, I am an avid lover of the Christmasy celebrations, always have been, always will be!  Today when my boys were napping (and I should have been) I lay on my bed thinking through Christmas gift ideas.  Oh, how I love love love Christmas!!!  AND.......

Today it is hot.  Really  hot!  Summer kind of hot.  My kids will be playing with ice this afternoon after school, and this weekend we're bound for the town pool.
The wind has a certain dry summery feel to it.
There is only 4 1/2 weeks left until the holidays.  Hooray!
My kitchen smells like peaches. Mmmm......

And early this morning at the markets the strawberry lady wished me a merry Christmas!  When I looked quizzically at her, she informed me that this will be her last week as the strawberry crop has run out.  "And", she advised me, "There is only 7 weeks until Christmas"!

And today my little Will is SO much better.  So the world just feels wonderful. :)

3 comments:

Renata said...

Glad Will's getting better. I've started playing christmas carols - I love christmas as well. Only 7 weeks though - I had better get organised!

jazzy cat said...

Love it too! Christmassy joy that is! Still feels abit too early for Christmas but I know what you mean about the warmer weather = would you believe I saw christmas beetles just after reading your blog entry! Can't wait to wonder around the shops bedecked with decorations - not the true meaning but still lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of your hot weather. It's freezing cold and snowing here today!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin