Wednesday, November 5, 2008

There is a time for every season


"To every thing there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven."  Ecclesiastes 3:1.

How true this is.  

For now, in our family, this is a time of feeling disconnected.  
For me, a time to dote on William (who, as an aside, is getting slowly better.  He is clingy and not himself, but no temps and more sleep.)  A time to try to get back on top of my domestic duties- a mountainous task, though with the help of meals from friends (thankyou!) it's manageable.  And a time to give myself massive guilt-trips about the way I feel I'm neglecting my older two children.  How is it we mothers are so tremendous at loading guilt upon ourselves?
For Stuart, a time to be completely immersed in his work life.  This means he is living at (almost)....... well, living and breathing Prep.  This is hard on all of us.
For Saraya, a time of spending much more time with her school family than her real family.  This too is hard on all of us, but most of all me!!  I miss her.
For Elijah, a time to just be Elijah.  Praise God, he is such a happy little guy who is more than happy to stay home 7 days a week and just potter around in his imaginary world singing  made-up songs about whatever's on his mind.  He's doing fine.
For William, a time to heal.

That's us this week. :)

2 comments:

Maus said...

i like your post here..
theres a time for everthings, a plan from him.

Cathy said...

A poignant post:)

Pesistently and patiently praying,

with love to you, my poetic friend.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin