Saturday, November 29, 2008

Some rain, blustery wind and the weekend

Well, "fun in the sun" yesterday quickly became "freeze in the breeze"........ make that blustery wind!!  We still had fun at the pool, but the weather wasn't exactly ideal for babies.  William wasn't too fond of the chilly water and winds blowing on his wet skin, nor of the very heavy rain which followed, with us huddled under a little sun shelter (thankyou Helen!).  Elijah had a great time paddling with this friends though.  And we ended up having a drink at McDonalds on the way home so he was very happy!

The weary travellers arrived home at about 6:30pm last night, with lots of stories of the zoo to share.  There's a photo I'm going to ask Stu to scan in for me today, but I won't tell you what it is until I can put it on!  They had a great, but exhausting day.  Once again watching the tigers swimming and playing with their carers was a highlight. 


Well, the weekend is here and with it the dreaded final 2 days of movie production for Stuart's Prep movie "Joseph".  The screening is on Monday afternoon after school.
Is he stressed?  YES!!
Is he exhausted? YES!!
Do I need to make the children scarce over this weekend as much as possible?  YES!!  So as well as finding quiet things for them to do at home (always a challenge), we'll go out.  This morning Elijah and I are both having hair trims.  Then all the children and I going Christmas shopping.  Now that's something I'm looking forward to!  We might just have to have morning tea or lunch while we're out too.  
This afternoon Stu is taking Saraya and Elijah to visit one of Saraya's classmates who's in hospital this week with severe athsma ............. while William and I are going to an afternoon tea for all the girls in our circle....... lots of conversation, cups of tea and delicious delicacies to be consumed I am sure!  We do it once or twice a year and I'm really looking forward to it.

Tomorrow?  Church in the morning.  Some quiet times with the children through the middle of the day.
And come 3 o'clock, Stuart is ours again for a couple of hours for one of our most exciting family days of the year.  We are decorating the house for Christmas, putting up our Christmas tree, listening to carols and having our traditional Christmas nibbly supper as we work!!  I can't tell you how much I enjoy this time, the transformation of our home and transition into the Christmas season.
Our town's annual Christmas concert outside Town Hall is on tomorrow evening, and Stu has said he will take a couple of hours off to come to this as well!  I'm not singing at it this year , so we'll find a spot together and watch the carols and the annual lighting up of the town.  All hard work, but someone's got to do it!!

I'd better go make breakfast.  Wishing you a happy Saturday!

2 comments:

Linden said...

I'm really looking forward to reading your blog over December, to see the reflections of what Christmas is like on the other hemisphere. Most of my Aussie and Kiwi friends haven't told me much.
I hope your weekend is lovely and as much as you wanted!
-Laura

jazzy cat said...

I love the new photo of Saraya at the top of your blog! What a great christmas feel your blog has - a true reflection of your own home I imagine at the moment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin