Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wordless Wednesday - Old Books


Mum was clearing out recently and asked if I would like these.
I'm a lover of old books, and with titles such as "Uncle Tom's Cabin", "Little Women" (I already have 2 or 3 copies, but couldn't help myself)........... and "How to be HappyThough Married" - yes you read that right, "How to be Happy Though Married"!!! published at least 100 years ago- how could I refuse?  They are happily finding a home on my bookcase. :)

I'll provide some interesting quotes as I flick through that last one- it's bound to be interesting!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore old books too! I have lots. My favorite is "Self Knowledge: The Companion to Know Thyself." It's a book for parents to teach their children about sex, written in the 20s. It's HILARIOUS!

I love that title, "How to be Happy and Married." Hee hee....someone should write a modern version of that one!

Renata said...

Oh I would love to hear what that marriage one has to say! I think old things are a treasure - although I don't have many old books just yet!

jazzy cat said...

what a great shot of some intriguing reads!

Tereza said...

ha ha thats an interesting title:) Looking forward to the quotes:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin