Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm BACK!!!!!

I'm so happy I could twirl around the room right now!! Our internet is back up and running, and here I am, posting!! Sigh. It has been a full 15 days since we last had internet access - and SO much has happened, I can't possibly ever catch up!!

So I've decided to do a brief catch-up tonight on everyone's blogs, and do a short (ish) post here for you on our move 2 weeks ago..... and from now on just try to take it a day at a time. Life is so busy, I wish I could spend hours catching up on everything, but I just can't.

Firstly, thank you all for you love and prayers. I know many of you were praying that our move would go smoothly, and I'm so grateful! It did. It was a long, exhausting and at times stressful few days, but we did it!!! With the grace of our loving Father, and the help of many friends and family, we got there. Or should I say, we got here.

My Mum and Ray were wonderful, bringing loads to the house of things which couldn't go with the removalists, and helping me big-time with all the cleaning. Cathy as always gifted us with some wonderful baking and meals. :) Jane was our super fill-in Mummy for almost the whole day, looking after my children so wonderfully I didn't have to worry about them one moment. Many other friends brought us treats, and visited, and phoned, and prayed. Thank you all so very much, it made the whole experience exciting and special - and possible!! xo

Of course, the next few days were filled with the somewhat daunting task of unpacking - eek!! Not as much fun as packing, I quickly discovered. :)

Just over 2 weeks later, and nearly everything is unpacked. I'm getting there! It is definitely starting to feel like home, though I must admit that I'm still kind-of waiting for us to go "home" - this place is so special, it feels like we're on a holiday! I don't know when it will sink in that this is really, truly our home. I'm so thankful. There were many, many hurdles to cross with the settlement - and God brought us through every one of them. It was a test of faith for me that week - everything seemed to be going wrong with all the solicitor stuff, and I was genuinely worried that settlement wouldn't go through. There was a lot of praising going on at about 1:30pm on the 9th when I got the call to say that it had gone through!!!! I'm so thankful.

We've been doing a fair bit of this.

Snatching quiet moments to sit and soak in the surroundings. This was the morning after we moved in. William was eating some breakfast outside at about 5am. :) I have to say it's more pleasant getting up with him here at that time than it was at our old house!! The native birds and the wood ducks visit in the mornings and there's lots to see. And it's peaceful and quiet and the air is fresh. Life is good.

The moments have been snatched, though. For Stuart 4th term is always nightmarishly busy, and throw in our big end-of-year dance concert on the 14th, and things were extremely busy that week we moved. The concert went well though!! I'll try to put up some footage once I get hold of some. Last week was a little quieter - especially for the children, who are settling in here very very happily.

They get more moments like this than I do, presently. :)

But that's okay. I know things will settle down a lot in less than 2 weeks, when the work year ends for Stuart.

I am loving living out here. I do miss being nearer to friends in town, but the quietness of this place is winning me over. And the very short drive to Stu's work - only 4 minutes! All the birds (Saraya is having the time of her life with our field guide- we've seen so many new birds!), and the sound of the frogs and crickets at night, the wide open spaces for the children to explore, all the extra natural exercise I'm getting just walking all over the block - to the chooks, the clothes line, the mail box, the bore, connecting up hoses, etc. etc., it's fantastic!!

And the children have just had a very special weekend just gone, being doted on by their grandparents while Stuart and I had a very special weekend ourselves. Our first weekend away since Saraya was born. It was bliss.

But that, my friends, I will leave for tomorrow's post.

Ah, it's good to be back. Thank you again for your love and support, and your friendship. I've genuinely missed fellowshipping with all of you - and I look forward to catching up soon! :)


jazzy cat said...

Something prompted me to check your blog tonight - and so thankful I did. Glad to have you back Min and hear all your news! xxj

Heather said...

Your new house is just so lovely! I'm so glad you're all settled in, and that you're back online. I've missed you.

Bee said to tell Saraya that she just LOVES her dress! (little girls are so funny :)

Kimmie said...

Yeah for Praise Reports!

So glad you are settling in...I missed you. Glad that God answered all of our prayers sweet friend.

Enjoy all of His blessings dear Saminda!

Your children are darling...truly beautiful!

mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted
*expecting again...
from Ethiopia!

Karen said...

So glad you're back!

Linden said...

Oh, Saminda! I'm so glad to read this! I've been praying and hoping to hear from you.
Your new home sounds blissful, and I'm so happy for you all! I cannot wait to hear more, read more, see more of your new home! I'd love any and all details. ^_^
And I'm thinking that I should write you a long letter, perhaps also a Christmas package...


Ann at eightacresofeden said...

So lovely to hear from you again and see those pictures as you settle into the lovely surrounds of your new home. Just enjoy the homemaking aspect - once those boxes are unpacked, just revel in all those decorating decisions you will make - deciding where you will place your family photos, how you will set out all those personal possessions which make a house into a home and an expression of your family. I know what the stresses of settlement are like. When we moved in here we found the former part owner of the property living in a caravan on the back of the property! He was also stealing our power - had run up a line from the house through the bush. We had to involve the police and ranger. It took a week to move him on but his caravan and tonnes of junk remained until my husband threatened to tow it to the dump!
Looking forward to reading your updates. BTW - my baby is now due closer to Christmas, according to my dates - I knew the scan was inaccurate and I thought I would never say this but I really like my obstetrician. He listens to me and read my birth plan! He is more than happy for me to go for a natural birth this time.

Helen said...

Yay - Nice to have you back, and nice to stop being disappointed every time I check your blog and find there's nothing new. I know, that I know most of what's going on anyway, but I still love to read about it! Love to you little one.

Sandra said...

Your new home looks so beautiful. The garden looks gorgeous and restful.
I am so glad to hear how all your friends and family rallied around to help you with the move and that you are near the end of unpacking.
Enjoy your new home.
Nearly the end of term and then you can celebrate your first Christmas in your new place!

Renata said...

Yay! You're back! I missed you! The new place looks wonderful! Surrounded by lots of bush & only 4 mins to Stu's work - that's great! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful home! Can you see any neighbours houses? Is it far out of town?
Looks like such a beautiful, tranquil place.
I'd better go & get the kids back to their schoolwork...so nice to catch up though!
Renata :)

AmFriend said...

YAY!! Welcome back, we've missed you. So glad to know that all is going well as you settle in to your new home. Love the picture of Saraya sitting at the curb while Elijah perches beside her on the stump.
You and Stu had a weekend away together, how LOVELY!! Looking forward to additional updates and reading the day to day happenings of your family. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

...they call me mommy... said...

YAY! Welcome back! :)


Blog Widget by LinkWithin