Friday, May 16, 2008

ABC's of Me

2 friends of mine have done this on their blogs and I thought it looked like a fun thing to do on a Friday night. :) So here goes..............

ABC's Of Me

Accent: Australian. Occasionally a little British just because I love the accent so much, watch movies etc. and think old-fashioned much of the time!
Books that I like: anything that inspires me.
Chore I don’t care for: cleaning the oven.
Dog or Cat: neither - chooks for me please.
Essential Electronics: computer.
Favorite food: hmmm..... fresh fruit. My favourites are strawberries, passionfruit, bananas and mangoes.
Gold or Silver: gold
Handbag I carry most often: a little green one my friend Jen bought for me.
Insomnia: ha!! I used to have a problem with this pre-children, but now? Never!
Job Title: Wife and Mum, and homemaker.
Kids: Three. Saraya is 5 and a half, Elijah is 3 in 3 weeks, and one in the womb due to be born any day!
Living Arrangements: We own (well, are paying off) a little white cottage which we absolutely love. We live on a corner block on the edge of Maryborough. I love our white picket fence and our (wild) hedge of Australian natives.
Most Admirable Trait: I asked my husband to tell me, and he said my commitment to our family.
Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: "bending" the truth (I think we called it white lies). Terrible!!Overnight hospital stays: once, for an operation back in the late 90's.
Phobias: none.
Quote: "Jo, how could you?! Your one beauty." Amy, in Little Women.
Religion: Christian
Siblings: 1 sister, Nicolette. She has an intellectual disability and has lived in care since she was 7 years old. She is 18 months younger than me. 1 brother, Michael, who is 9 years younger than me. He is nearly 19. We're really different but love each other stacks.
Time I wake up: at the moment, about 5 times a night to use the toilet. :) In the morning, anywhere between 5:30 and 6:30 depending on how well I've slept, what time the children wake up, bin trucks coming past (grrr...) etc.
Unusual Talent or Skill: observation. I observe and notice just about EVERYTHING.
Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: I don't really like brussel sprouts or cabbage, but do eat them occasionally.
Worst Habit: starting things and not finishing them.
X-rays: I've had a few for my teeth at various stages of life.
Yummy Stuff: dark chocolate, dark chocolate and dark chocolate. I love it and tend to nibble on it throughout the day more than I should. (especially when tired)
Zoo Animal I Like Most: I like meerkats, the way they stand on their back legs like little people. Very cute!



Hi, Stuart here,
Saminda and I thought this would be a fun little thing to do on our Friday night together, except suddenly it means we aren't together as we are keeping our answers secret until we have both done this. So while my wife straightens her hair I will type out my first ever entry into a blog.

ABC's Of Me (Stuart)

Accent: Apparently general Australian accents are one of the most neutral in fluctuation and pitch in the world - that would be me.
Book that I like: Patrick O'brien - I am up to book 18 in his Aubrey and Maturin novels (Master and Commander).
Chore I don’t care for: Mowing - dirty, noisy, hay fever.
Dog or Cat: I hunt both kinds.
Essential Electronics: I am almost part computer, it is very important to me.
Favorite food: Pasta meals.
Gold or Silver: Gold, worth more.
Handbag I carry most often: Well my work bag is actually a plastic shopping bag from Aldi at the moment, but its not really a handbag. I save those sort of strange behaviours for the weekend.
Insomnia: Hahahahaha, if you call falling asleep in 20 seconds insomnia.
Job Title: I'm a Prep Teacher (4 and 5 year olds) and I love it!
Kids: 3, a 5 year old, a 2 year old and another almost here. Hey, coincidently that is the same as Saminda!
Living Arrangements: We own our house (well the bank does really), but it is our House of Dreams.
Most Admirable Trait: My bubbly enthusiasm and good cheer :)
Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: Well I broke into a school once to steal computer parts! Hey, that's a bombshell now isn't it!
Overnight hospital stays: Not since I was a little tike, if ever.
Phobias: Nope.
Quote: I most often go around singing musicals and quoting movies - in fact I fit things like that into a lot of conversations. Unfortunately the first quote that comes to mind is from Hunt for Red October, and even then that was a quote of a famous speech.
"Behold, I have become death, destroyer of worlds" - now that doesn't bode well for my bubbly enthusiasm and good cheer does it!?!?
Religion: Christianish
Siblings: 2 sisters and a mutated cyborg alien brother from the planet Whackzar!
Time I wake up: Alarm assisted, just after 6. Without alarm, around 8. But that is just because I usually have very late nights (see Essential Electronics).
Unusual Talent or Skill: I balance things. I put brooms and ladders and chairs and children on my hands or fingers or chin or forehead. Ask me to balance a fly swat sometime in a competition and we might be there a while. Its only a little thing, but being a Prep teacher I have had plenty of practice. And the kids think I'm amazing.
Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: None, although I would if I could.
Worst Habit: Procrastinating - a serious issue and not at all funny. So instead I will mention my habit of singing to people when I'm asking them a question or answering them. I'm sure someone finds it annoying.
X-rays: Last year I broke my knee and there were multiple x-rays.
Yummy Stuff: Give me savoury things. I love party pies! Oh okay, I'm a sucker for cheese cake too.
Zoo Animal I Like Most: Tigers. I have loved them since I was a kid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was fun to read. I liked getting to know more about you. I really like your quote of choice, and I totally identify with your love of dark chocolate. Mmmmm...do you have dark chocolate M&Ms or Milky Way Dark chocolate bars there? If not, I will mail you some as a baby (well, new mom) gift!

Hope you're staying comfortable:)

Heather

AndrewWrites said...

Thank you both for this interesting, and slightly odd (Stu) insight into your personal world.

Hope you guys are doing well. We are checking the blog daily waiting for baby-related news.

I have to go and write my sermon for tomorrow now. Tomorrow is Trinity Sunday - yay, how good is the Trinity, c'mon!!

jazzy cat said...

That was indeed enlightening..loved the idea, and Stu's answers (hehe)so much that I've used the ABC's on my blog! Keep checking your blog every day for any new posts...ie. news of baby being born! Exciting times!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin