Thursday, May 15, 2008

Prayer

I just wanted to ask if you could please pray for me as the birth draws nearer. I am having lots of strings of contractions and it could be anytime (or of course still be 2 or so weeks away!). I am feeling fairly energised when I get enough sleep (maybe every 3rd night or so), and the baby is going well. However, he/she has favoured a posterior position throughout the pregnancy, and still sits mostly in this position. Elijah was posterior and his birth was very very long and very intense as the contractions worked to turn him around. We made it in the end, and he was born naturally and safely. I am praying this time though that the "turn-around" of the baby will happen either pre-birth or more easily during the birth.
I would appreciate your prayers for this, and a safe and gentle birth in general. We are all getting very excited, the children especially! Saraya is hoping I think to get a day off school sometime soon to witness the birth of her sibling. Anticipation is running high!

Bring it on!!! I can't wait to meet this little one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saminda,

I remember the excitement and anticipation of this time!

I will pray for a safe, happy birth experience for you and the little one, and for peace and comfort during these last weeks, as you prepare to meet your new family member. I can't wait to see your sweet little baby!

Your U.S. friend in Christ,
Heather

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin