Kelly from The Barefoot Mama is hosting Feminine Friday................... a chance to share a hairstyle, outfit, or anything really that makes you feel feminine! Check it out at her blog here.
I love a chance to embrace my femininity, remembering that I am a woman and although I (sadly) don't live in an era of long dresses, petticoats and horses and carriages, I can still be a lady!
Things that make me feel like a lady are..........
* nice earings
* a long skirt or dress (I look forward to wearing dresses again once I am no longer breastfeeding!)
* putting on a little mascara and lip gloss (about the extent of my makeup regime, but enough to make me feel a bit special :))
* having fresh flowers around my home
* the occasional flower in my hair :)
* wearing both my wedding ring AND my engagement ring
* wearing my apron while I bake or cook in the kitchen
......... I'm sure there are other things but I'm tired and can't think of any more at the moment.
Kelly suggested we post a photo of a favourite outfit or hairdo. This week I wanted to share that I have just discovered bobbie pins. Yep, good old bobbie pins. Not exactly a new invention, but it's amazing what you can do with them! My hair is pretty wild. I actually really like to straighten it, but with a newborn I'm finding no time to do it lately. So instead I've been wearing it natural- wavy I guess you'd say- and using bobbie pins to keep it out of the way, in a kind-of loose bun.
Saraya saw me putting it up for church last week and wanted to have hers up too. Here was the result.....
After seeing this photo on the camera screen, I actually went and tidied mine up with a few extra pins as I hadn't realised half of it had fallen out. :)
Us girls from the front.
It's fun to "dress up", doing whatever you have time to do and whatever makes you feel lovely.