Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Photo Overload

Sorry everyone - I am about to give you a photo overload! I took so many photos while we were away in Caloundra, and I want to share my favourites with you.

This ties in perfectly with the challenge put out by the writer of Five Orange Potatoes as part of Children and Nature Awareness month - to post a photo every day for the rest of April of our children enjoying the great outdoors. Feel free to join in!

I think the beach is an ideal natural playground so today's photos kick off the challenge well.

And it was Easter time, so of course there was chocolate surprises.........

And fun time spent with this little cousin, whom the children had only met once before!

Off to the beach!

Searching for treasures

And showing them to wonderful Grandpa

Saraya and her beloved Nanna deep in conversation :)

I love the opportunity to wear my flow-y beach dress!

One of the children's great finds


And yes, 'Happy Hour' happened every afternoon around 5pm....
the children loved drinking out of special glasses!

And I can't help but share this photo:

We heard the plane 4 or 5 times a day, dropping these brave / crazy skydivers out ...... and then we'd gaze up to see them descending! I was amazed at the control they had - they (thankfully) made it straight onto the big yellow X on the beach every time!!

What have you and / or your children been enjoying out in nature this week?

2 comments:

Smilie girl said...

Looks like heaps of fun. The boys are quite fond of that park (they call the boat park) when visiting Caloundra.
I'm glad you had a fun time together.
Rowan and I had a lovely walk on Sunday. I did enjoy looking at the trees and skies and soaking it all in. And so did the boy.

Karen said...

I love the beach pictures! Can't wait until we get to go again (in August hopefully).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin