Thursday, October 21, 2010

Picnic Therapy

Firstly, happy happy birthday to my wonderful husband Stuart!!! He turned 32 on Tuesday. Old man. ;)

Secondly, kind thanks to everyone who has been asking after my health this past week. I am pleased to tell you that my trip to the Cardiologist went very smoothly - safe traveling, found the hospital fairly easily, and met with a very helpful and kind doctor. He is confident that some of the suspected heart problems do not apply to me, and he has given me some medication to try and manage the problems I do have. Thankfully I don't need to take this medication daily, just when I am having a heart episode. I need to start keeping a journal of heart symptoms and migraines and try to work out my triggers, if possible. And a stress test (running on the treadmill and having my heart monitored) is still on the agenda. Aside from all that, we just see how things go. I feel better knowing my condition isn't dangerous, and learning more about how to manage it. :)

Unfortunately I had to have a molar extracted on Tuesday morning, just after Mum went home on the train. :( It was a bit sad saying goodbye to her then heading off to the dentist! Still, the extraction went smoothly with no complications thus far. Just lots of pain, as expected. Which makes it hard to do the daily grind.... but I'm getting there.

Yesterday we had a total home day - our first in a loooong time. It was so refreshing. I made pikelets for morning tea and we had a little picnic on our land. The children enjoyed it. I called it Picnic Therapy. :) Good old fresh air and something yummy to eat.

The kittens still follow us wherever we go!

The grass is long and there are wildflowers everywhere. We have had such a wet winter and spring so far.

Elijah watched ants for ages.

Saraya stood about conversing..... er, reading. ;)

And William grinned and was generally gorgeous.

I'd be lying if I said all has been smooth sailing around here lately......... but still, we're all alive and well and I'm trying hard to focus on all the positives. :) Life sure is full and I feel responsibility weighing heavy on my shoulders at times. I must admit I think a lot about next year, and how much easier things will be in many ways. But then I know I will miss my children while they are away from me... so I am trying to cherish every day of this term with them.

Enough rambling for now!

5 comments:

Smilie girl said...

I'm glad you had such a good meeting with your cardiologist and have a bit more to go on.
Time in the sun with some piklets sounds like just the ticket for some good therapy for you all!

Kelly said...

I am so sorry to hear of your health problems. I will pray.
On a lighter note....
It so neat to see you guys going into spring while we are going into fall.
Hang in there!
Kelly K

Unknown said...

So glad your appointment went well, Saminda!!! I've been praying for you! Those little pancakes are SUCH A GOOD idea...and for a picnic! FUN! I'm going to try that soon! Albeit the picnic might need to be inside as it is getting CHILLY here! :)

Blessings to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Saraya standing with her book reminds me so much of my Bee :) They would be fast friends because they have so much in common.

So glad your appointment went well. I've been worried!

Happy Birthday to Stu!

~Amanda in Vic said...

Glad your appointment went well. I have been praying (you've been on our church prayer list too). Hopefully things pick up for you and the rest of this year improves in leaps and bounds!

I wanted to ask about those cute little purses Saraya and Elijah sewed. Did you use a pattern or just cut them out? I'd love to introduce my little ones to sewing and this project would be great!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin