Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 4

Well today has been very hot and windy and felt more like summer than spring. I think we're all a little concerned that this year's summer could be pretty hard to bare. Every year seems to get hotter! We may even consider air-conditioning the bedrooms this year.

We had a lovely morning visiting friends on their new property. They have lots of beautiful bushland, some paddocks being fenced at the moment for goats (other animals to be added later!) and a nice clearing where they are building their dream home. Right now they're living in a very well set up shed and it's all looking amazing. They are doing the vast majority of the work themselves. With 3 little children I am so impressed and so happy for them! After a huge walk exploring the land Stuart took our kids home for lunch and rests and Petrina and I headed to town to have lunch and coffee and a girly chat. :) SO nice! To have uninterrupted conversation with a friend is a rare treat when you have children, isn't it?!

This afternoon we spoke to our real estate agent by phone and arranged a visit for tomorrow afternoon. He'll be having a look at our home and giving us an idea of how much he realistically thinks we could sell for. Then we'll know whether or not to make a move on the other house. It's a process of being patient and trusting that whatever God decides for us is best. I know that will be a challenge at times but it's already been so good to journey this with the children.

With our agent coming tomorrow this afternoon became a little manic. :) Stu needed to go to town for a couple of hours so the children and I worked hard in the yard and back patio area, cleaning and tidying, weeding and making things look neat. After tea tonight I scrubbed the kitchen walls, the ceiling area over the stove, the windows in the kitchen and the whole oven area. Yuck! :( All done though, and looking much better! Tonight I'll be sorting my Messy Bench. Yes, I give it capitals because it is a resident member of the family. It's been with us consistently since we've lived here. How I'd love to NOT have a resident Messy Bench in our next home though!! I wonder what the chances are.......

Tomorrow morning I'll be cleaning the rest of the house. Bathroom, floors, mopping, dusting. Maybe baking something so the house smells good. :) I know it's not an actual inspection but I really want the agent's first impression of our home to be "Wow, this is beautiful!". Would you pray for this process alongside me, please friends? I'd be so grateful!
_______________________________________

In other news, the children have been having a blast creating with all the Toy Library resources I picked up for them last Saturday. I love our Toy Library!

They're also relishing having their Papa home every day this week! It is such a blessing to be together and it's at these times that I'm so thankful Stuart is a teacher. :) Thank you Lord!!

Now off to tackle that mess............

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will pray! A toy library sounds so neat!

Have a wonderful day, Saminda! :)

Renata said...

Will pray as well. Sound like you've got the house done up nicely! I always hated selling houses - so stressful. Hope yours isn't that way.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin