BUT!!! Determined not to let it get to me I applied some little tools to get me through the day and thought I'd share.
* Need to stay home all day because your hubby took the car to work (because he has a broken toe and a broken scooter....)??? Well, make home somewhere you want to be!! Open all the windows, make the beds, tidy the floors, put on a favourite cd, make a coffee, send the kids outside....... you get the picture.
* Need to homeschool the children? Remember, creative free playtimes are very very educational and important for young children too!! Put out some resources that have been hiding for awhile, toys, puzzles, paper, pens and craft materials, provide verbal encouragement and extension as needed and voila!! Happy kids and happy Mama. Read some books with them after lunch, put them down for quiet time, then allow each of them some time on starfall.com (love that site!!) and afternoon ABC Kids (a rare treat here) and the day is almost done! Some more outdoor play, perhaps a late walk, baths and tea and bedtime is right around the corner.....
* Feeling isolated and alone? It's okay!!! The internet brings the world into your home! During those quiet moments when everyone's happy, sit down at the computer and escape for awhile. Ahhhhh........ Then phone a friend. Or two or three. Wave to a neighbour. Look at the sky.
* Need to make a meal plan because you're shopping tonight? Don't bother. Write down those essentials you don't want to forget, then wing it. I'm going to.......
* Need to cook dinner and don't have the necessary ingredients for the meal you'd hoped to make? Again, wing it!! (of course, winging it with the shopping can lead to this problem.... ;)). This is not the time for stewing over things unnecessarily. I don't have the chicken OR the zucchini I need for the linguine pasta I'm making tonight- so we'll go without them. I'll add some broccoli instead, some extra garlic and Parmesan for taste. It will do!!!
* Feel like every day is the same as the one before? Think about, dream about, visualise the exciting things coming up on your calender!! Plan, scheme and dream. Don't having anything fun on the calender?? Then change that!! Spice up your life - as a Mummy at home that is SO important! Plan some fun into your schedule.
* Feel overwhelmed and lost????? PRAY. PRAY. Then pray some more. Can't emphasise this enough!!! Prayer has totally changed and made my day today. Praise the God who is bigger than our circumstances, who loves and adores us especially when we're down, who knows us intimately, and who truly does care about the little things we care about. :) Praise Him.
Next time you're having a Blue Day, give these a go and I hope they help you see the sunshine as they did for me. :)