Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Birthday Eve

I'm sitting here tonight and thinking about my first-born boy, my Elijah Samuel. Tomorrow he will turn 4. I can hardly believe it.

(Saraya and Elijah at 2 days old)

Elijah has been a gift to us since the moment he arrived. His nature is sweet, he is creative and loving and forgiving and generous. As a baby boy, he was pure gorgeousness! Each day with him is an absolute gift, and I treasure his company and conversation. He is such a special boy!

(and really really looks like Will did at this age! This is Elijah at about 8 weeks)

Tonight as I kissed and cuddled and sang him off to sleep, he whispered in my ear "Mamma, I can't wait for tomorrow morning. It's going to be my birthday when I wake up!" Then, "Mamma? I can't stop smiling. What if I really can't stop smiling and my smile just keeps going across the whole world, forever?!" He is so excited. :) I'm actually amazed he went to sleep at all. I can hardly wait to see his excited face in the morning!

Tomorrow we will celebrate with breakfast, presents, cuddles, reflections on the last 4 years, especially the day he was born, eating the requested 'froggy' cake (which I finished tonight and am thrilled with- a rare thing- I will show photos soon!), having Nanna and Grandpa visit, and driving up to Mount Walsh an hour west from town, having a picnic lunch there and going for a big bush walk!! This was what Elijah wanted most to do on his birthday. He loves to us all to be together, doing something fun like this. We are praying against rain however, as it is forecast to be miserable. :( If it rains, I guess we'll stay home and play games and spend time with my parents- it will still be a good day. And Monday just happens to be a public holiday here, and forecast fine, so we may get a second chance at the mountain walk!


Elijah, you are such a blessing to us all. Your sweet smile, your gentle nature, your creativity, your kisses, your music, your ideas and imagination, your generosity and love for others are all things I treasure about you. I know God is going to do AMAZING things in your life. You are going to change the world, I know it! Everyone who knows you is blessed by you and I know you will continue to make a difference to those around you. :) I am so happy God chose me to be your Mamma. I am so honoured! I love you so very much, and wish you a wonderfully happy birthday tomorrow. You will be 4!!!! WOW!!
Have a great day little man, I love you.
Love,
Mamma.
xoxo
*******************************************

P.S. To Jen - I completely forgot, I meant to give you a sincerely honourable mention this morning!! I LOVED your little verse about William, it really reminded me of Beattrix Potter's Peter Rabbit which I dearly love! You are so clever, I'd forgotten what a clever writer you are. Please start writing on your blog again- I miss it. :( Thanks so much for playing Jen!!

2 comments:

Libby said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It was a welcomed surprise. :-) I cannot wait to use my new dutch oven. My mom got two for Mother's Day and has forsaken her other pots ever since. lol

Your children are beautiful and I'm sending early birthday wishes to Elijah.

Drop by any time and if you are a crafter too, I have a craft blog as well.

Libby

Renata said...

This is such a lovely post, Saminda! What a precious boy Elijah is - & such a cute baby there!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin