Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Opening Night......

It is SO strange being here at home, "hanging out" with William while Elijah sleeps and Stuart and Saraya are down at the theatre performing away!  The show opened 35 minutes ago, and I so desperately want to be there!!  All I can do is sit and pray and wonder how it's going, which bit they are up to, if all the special effects work, if "Toto" is behaving himself, etc.! I'm going to go to bed as soon as WIlliam does so I can wake up and hear all about how it went when they get home later. :) 
Being Saraya's first show (of many, I can only imagine!) we wanted to give her a special keepsake. Stuart searched around online and found these gorgeous handmade in Russia 'Wizard of Oz' Babushka dolls.....

How cute are they?  They only arrived this morning, just in time for opening night!

Go lion!!!  You are going to be so great!!  Hope the florist delivered your orange gerbera backstage for you...... and Saraya's rose too........ ;)

It's been a very challenging few months for me, holding down the fort here and just doing all the mundane stuff on my own while my husband is away working or at the theatre having a blast.  BUT as I keep perspective I know it's only for a short season, and I'm blessed that he'll be back so soon now!  And he's had such a great time.  And grown as a performer.  And it's my turn next year. ;)
Thankyou Cathy for the beautiful basket of baked goodies to help feed all the visiting family this week (and the cherry ripes for me, yummy!)........... you are such a special friend; I can never tell you how much you mean to me!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds very exciting!

Anonymous said...

Praying that they're having a great and fun time, Saminda! What a cool experience! Grace loves Wizard of Oz and would love to perform one day. I hear ya on this being the season of the spectator so to say...can't wait to read about you being up on that stage next!

Renata said...

I hope it all went well!! I can imagine how hard it must have been for you to not be there!! I love Saraya's present!

Cathy said...

The Babushka dolls were absolutely perfect - made me cry, actually! I still have my set from childhood - I played with them or so many years. Thought about your home-self last night. Glad you worked out an alternative for your loving plan :). Am praying for energy for you and Peace for your home for the next few days, especially. Love you heaps. Please give Saraya a hug from us, Elijah and William, too; and ask Saraya to give one to you from me?! (Gary has the car today, to visit Gwen after school)I'll ring you later - not sure what time your visitors are there today...

Amy Armitage said...

I did think of you last night as I saw Stuart & Saraya doing such a wonderful jobs as always. You would have been very proud! Its so great that you can keep your perspectives in sight. You are such a great supporting wife & mother.

Those babushka dools are SO SO cute!!! What a great idea!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin