Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A nice morning

One of the things I love most about staying home fulltime to care for my children is the flexibility and spontaneity it allows.
Usually on Tuesday mornings we go to a toddler music program and morning tea which I really enjoy (and Elijah tolerates :)).  But this morning I was feeling pretty slow and weary and was beginning to think we may just stay home until grocery shopping time which we usually do after music.  This would allow William to have his first nap of the day at home, giving me a chance to rest before the shopping trip (always tiring with 2  helpers!).  Just as I was thinking along these lines Elijah came out of his bedroom wearing his backpack, packed for "a picnic at the park", "Come on Mamma, we're going!" as he headed toward the back door. :)  William was just getting tired so I said we couldn't go right away.  But suddenly the morning put itself together in my mind- rests for Will and I (us early risers...) while Elijah watched Playschool, then we would all head in to town to do the groceries, pick up a few extra bits for a picnic lunch in the park across the road from the shops.  Yay!  We did this and all feel we got what we needed/wanted this morning.  I still need to unpack but you know, the boys are happy so I'm sitting here for a bit first. :)  Catching up on the wonderful world of the internet.
I love being able to say "yes" to my kids; and to my own needs, and to Stuart's.  It's not always easy to do but seems to be helpful in building up a more contented home and family.  It's actually going to be a goal of mine this week.

2 comments:

Renata said...

Glad you could have a nice morning! It sure is hard trying to juggle everyone's needs/wants, but you're doing a great job there!

Tereza said...

Thats a great goal:) I'm sure your kids loved it!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin