Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A break

I am writing from Brisbane.

I lay in bed for hours last night, mulling and thinking and praying and yes, crying.

I am tired. More than that, I'm exhausted.

So this morning the three children and I packed up the car and drove the three hours to Brisbane. We are staying with my Mum for a little while. I'm not sure how long. Maybe 3 days, maybe a week. Maybe longer. It's incredibly hard to be away, yet necessary I think, at this time.

Of course, according to the children we're on a great spontaneous holiday! They were wonderful today. They are happy.

For the next few days, I will just be with them. I will chat with my Mum, rest, pray and listen hard. I will browse the grand pile of books Cathy has sent with me. :)

And while I do all this I will miss my husband. And pray for him, every moment I can.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rest, relax, and enjoy your children. You're in God's hands, and He will take care of you.

Still praying...love and hugs to you all!

Anonymous said...

Min - my heart is breaking. I love you. Helen.

Renata said...

My sweet friend,
I don't really know what to write except that I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you can get the rest & refreshment that you need. I think it's wise to take a break as you are doing when we know we can't go on - mothering is HARD WORK. I'm glad the kids are enjoying being at their grandmas. Rest in the Lord! (((hugs))) to you.

Cathy said...

Loving you.

Missing you.

Standing in the gap.

Always.

Forever and ever.

Whatever it takes.

In strength and in weakness.

You're covered!

Karen said...

Praying that God will rejuvenate you and that you will once again be able to "keep going".

"Bless the Lord, O my Soul, and all that is within me bless his Holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits--who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.." Psalm 103:1-5

jazzy cat said...

Wow Min I'm lost for words too.

It was terrible to read and sense your despair through that post.
I hope this time-out is very restful for all of you!! It will no doubt be lovely to see your Mum and have her support!!

I'll definitely be sending lots of 'warm fuzzies' to you in spirit and sending lots of prayers your way this week.

p.s. if you ever want a coffee....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin